How to File a Dispute for a Non-Paying Bidder
To File a Dispute -
1. Go to your EOA report and select the Dispute box next to the bidder
You can only file a dispute between 5-45 days from the date of the sale.
2. A drop-down box will appear asking you to select the reason for filing this dispute:
A notification will be sent to the bidder, as well as three weekly emails from LiveAuctioneers warning of the consequences of non-payment.
3a. If payment is never received, please leave the dispute filed against their name.
When you file a dispute against a bidder, you are creating a permanent mark on their account and notifying other sellers of the non-payment. If a bidder receives two or more disputes, their account will be suspended they can no longer bid on our platform until ALL unpaid disputes are resolved.
Filing a dispute will also remove any commission owed to LiveAuctioneers and automatically adjust on your invoice.
3b. If you do receive payment from the bidder, please uncheck the Dispute box on the EOA and select the reason for retracting the dispute from the drop-down menu. Then select the Paid box.
Suspended Bidder Accounts
If a bidder receives two or more disputes on their account, they will be suspended and lose their ability to participate in any online live auctions through LiveAuctioneers.com.
Once a bidder has been suspended:
- Status is immediately changed to “Suspended” for all auctions in which the bidder is registered
- Bidder is notified via e-mail and in the ‘My Profile’ section of their account
- All pending absentee bids will remain unsent and in pending status until all disputes have been resolved