High Risk Processing via LivePayments
Give your buyers a secure and easy way to pay for high-risk merchandise.
LivePayments gives your buyers a seamless, online checkout process that makes it easy to buy from you again and again. Your funds are automatically deposited into your bank account on a flexible schedule.
Use LivePayments to accept credit card payments for high-risk merchandise at a low, competitive rate, plus:
- Guarantee your credit card payments. All domestic and international credit card transactions are covered with 100% fraudulent chargeback protection.
- Guarantee your ACH payments. All ACH transactions are protected with 100% fraudulent ACH reversal protection.*
- Faster payment collection, allowing you to service consignors more quickly
- Access to our Autopay feature that automatically charges credit cards for unpaid invoices
- Weekly disbursements deposited directly into your bank account
- Free sales tax calculation, collection and remittance services including a tax exemption certificate management system for your buyers
A processing fee applies to invoices paid through LivePayments. You can choose to absorb the fee, or pass it along to your bidder. If you'd like to learn more about high risk processing, you can reach out to your Account Manager or email our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How often will I receive disbursements?
Funds are disbursed at least weekly. Please note that your first disbursement can take up to five business days to be released, but all subsequent disbursements will conform to the determined payout schedule.
What is considered high-risk merchandise?
High-risk merchandise consists of but is not limited to government-regulated goods that require additional underwriting by credit card processors or potentially brand damaging products. This includes firearms and ammunition produced after 1898, alcohol, illegal substances, and items that are sexually explicit or offensive in nature. To learn more about what kind of merchandise can be processed through LivePayments, reach out to us at email@example.com.
What will occur if I upload a catalog with high-risk merchandise present without being approved to do so?
The catalog that is being uploaded as well as any future catalogs will be automatically removed from LivePayments. Meaning that payment collection for any catalog going forward will not be possible through the LivePayments platform. If this occurs, someone from LiveAuctioneers will reach out to alert you that LivePayments has been disabled and advise on what the potential next steps are.
What payment methods can bidders use?
Almost every kind of credit and debit card is accepted as well as e-check(ACH), and we can process hundreds of currencies from anywhere in the world.
What is the processing fee?
High Risk Processing via LivePayments charges a competitive rate that is a flat fee regardless of card type. Reach out to your account manager to inquire about pricing and current promotional offers.
I’m not located in the United States, can I still use your service?
At this time, we are not able to accept merchants who are not US citizens or if their business is not a registered entity.
Can you tell me more about fraud protection?
LivePayments provides 100% chargeback coverage on fraudulent credit card transactions and on fraudulent ACH reversals. For non-fraudulent payment chargebacks by bidders, such as those due to damaged or misrepresented items, disputes must be settled between the auction house partner and bidder, while LiveAuctioneers will provide support and assistance.
To be eligible for coverage, lots must be shipped to the address in the ‘Payment Received’ email sent by LiveAuctioneers. Rerouted shipments are not eligible for chargeback coverage. Please be sure to tell your shipping partners, especially UPS and FedEx, to require a signature upon delivery and to NOT allow changes of address.
Chargeback coverage is only provided on unauthorized credit card usage (eg., stolen credit card). Chargebacks are not covered, for example, when lots:
- do not arrive
- are not as described or photographed, and/or
- are damaged during shipping
For the greatest likelihood of winning a chargeback, please keep the following records for each lot:
- Pick-up information: date, name, a signature of person or company who picked up the lot, condition report signed by shipping agent at the time of packing (for white glove and packing services)
- Shipping details: carrier, tracking number, delivery date, and received signature confirmation
- Terms of sale disclosing fees, tax/vat/customs responsibilities, and return policy.
It is required to ship items with full-value insurance to account for damages incurred during transit.
Items should be shipped 72 hours after payment is received by LiveAuctioneers. LiveAuctioneers reviews every order and may refund the payment if a bidder is deemed as too risky. On the rare occasion that payment is refunded, the auctioneer is notified and can seek out other methods for collecting payment if they wish.
*To receive fraudulent ACH reversal coverage, proof of shipment must be provided, in the form of a tracking number, corresponding to the guaranteed order showing the item was shipped to the shipping address on the order
- Shipment is at least 5 business days after ACH transaction is initiated or after ACH transaction settles, whichever is last
- The shipment date cannot be later than the return notification date
- Copy of the signature of receipt is provided for any orders where the shipping method on the order is BOPIS (Buy Online Pick Up In Store)
ACH Return code must be for No Authorization, Authorized Revoked or Corporate Not Authorized
How can I get started and how long does it take to get approved?
You can reach out to your Account Manager or email our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about High Risk Processing via LivePayments. You will receive a link to complete an application - once submitted, approval takes about 7-10 business days.