Tips for Managing and Approving Bidders
Now that your sale is online, bidders will begin to preview the catalog, register for the sale, and leave absentee bids. It is your job to review the registrations and decide who will bid in your sale.
The Bidder Management page is where you decide who can buy at your sale.
Let’s start by accessing the Bidder Management page in your seller’s dashboard
• Click the Live Auction tab at the top of your seller’s dashboard
• Select the sale for which you want to approve bidders
• Click the Bidders tab
Bidders waiting to register for the sale will appear in the Pending section.
Every buyer on LiveAuctioneers has a Username and bidding profile. In order to help you decide who can bid, we provide the following information on each bidder:
• Contact information
• What date they became a member
• How active they are, how many items won and average hammer price
• Other sellers who have previously approved them
• If the bidder has a validated card on file
• And most importantly…dispute history
This tells you when a bidder has had problems paying in the past. Auctioneers have the option to file disputes against bidders who A) take too long to pay or B) refuse to complete the transaction.