What is Live.Payments?
Live.Payments by LiveAuctioneers - the fastest way to collect funds.
LiveAuctioneers will collect transactional funds on your behalf and directly deposit it into your bank account. Customize your deposit cadence to your schedule with the ability to request disbursements multiple times a week with 3-day disbursements.
A processing fee applies to invoices paid through Live.Payments. This is a fee that can either be passed along to your bidder or you (the auction house) can choose to absorb that processing fee.
If you'd like to learn more about this program, you can also directly reach out to your Account Manager or email our Support Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why use Live.Payments?
- Lower operational overhead: LiveAuctioneers handles the requesting, storage, and management of payment credentials for auction house partners.
- Faster payment: 50% of due invoices are typically collected within 24 hours.
- Faster deposits: collect disbursements multiple times a week so that you can pay consignors more quickly
- 100% fraud guarantee: An in-house team of experts verifies charges and works proactively to detect malicious bidders. Our 100% fraud guarantee provides insurance on all fraudulent chargebacks (assuming no shipping address changes are allowed once the package has been shipped).
- Simple enrollment: Apply for Live.Payments today by filling out and submitting an application form on your LiveAuctioneers seller dashboard. Receive approval in as quickly as 3 business days and activate Live.Payments in your next auction, no prerequisites needed.
What currencies are accepted?
Hundreds of currencies can be processed from anywhere in the world.
What payment methods can bidders use?
Almost every kind of credit and debit card is accepted, including Visa, MasterCard, American Express, JCB, Discover, and Diners Club.
What is the processing fee?
Live.Payments charges a competitive rate that is a flat fee regardless of card type (Amex, Visa, etc.) or origin (the U.K., Canada, etc). Reach out to your Account Manager to inquire about pricing and current promotional offers.
When are funds disbursed to auction house partners?
Funds are disbursed according to your schedule, with the ability to request a disbursement multiple times a week.
What is the maximum dollar value that can be transacted?
There is no limit to the dollar amount that can be transacted.
How are refunds to bidders handled?
If there is a cancellation, simply note it in your EOA and please email our finance team (email@example.com) to alert them of the cancellation or refund. Funds will be redistributed to the bidder at no cost. If funds have already been distributed to the seller, LiveAuctioneers may request a transfer from the auction house partner.
How do I get fraud protection?
LiveAuctioneers provides 100% chargeback coverage on fraudulent Live.Payments transactions. For non-fraudulent payment chargebacks by bidders, such as those due to damaged or misrepresented items, disputes must be settled between the auction house partner and bidder, while LiveAuctioneers will provide support and assistance.
To be eligible for coverage, lots must be shipped to the address in the ‘Payment Received’ email sent by LiveAuctioneers. Rerouted shipments are not eligible for chargeback coverage. Please be sure to tell your shipping partners, especially UPS and FedEx, to require a signature upon delivery and to NOT allow changes of address.
Chargeback coverage is only provided on unauthorized credit card usage (eg., stolen credit card). Chargebacks are not covered when, for example, when lots:
- do not arrive
- are not as described or photographed, and/or
- are damaged during shipping
For the greatest likelihood of winning a chargeback, please keep the following records for each lot:
- Pick-up information: date, name, a signature of person or company who picked up the lot, condition report signed by shipping agent at the time of packing (for white glove and packing services)
- Shipping details: carrier, tracking number, delivery date, and received signature confirmation
- Terms of sale disclosing fees, tax/vat/customs responsibilities, and return policy.
It is required to ship items with full-value insurance to account for damages incurred during transit.
Items should be shipped 72 hours after payment is received by LiveAuctioneers. LiveAuctioneers reviews every order and may refund the payment if a bidder is deemed as too risky. On the rare occasion that payment is refunded, the auctioneer is notified and can seek out other methods for collecting payment if they wish.
Is Live.Payments required?
The use of the Live.Payments platform is optional but encouraged. It provides an easier experience for bidders who provide payment information once for multiple purchases across all auction houses, leading to significantly more repeat bidder purchases.
Can auction house partners collect via other methods such as cash, check, or other means?
Auction house partners using Live.Payments are free to collect cash, wire, checks, or other means. Payments is meant to be flexible. Fraud coverage is only available for items paid for directly on LiveAuctioneers.com.
What information is needed to get started?
- Complete the application form found on your Seller Portal.
- Once submitted, your application will be reviewed.
- If approved, you’ll be notified via email and Live.Payments can be enabled for your next auction.