Dedicated Follower Alerts
Generate interest and drive immediate activity for your upcoming auction by sending a dedicated email alert to your followers on LiveAuctioneers. Bidders spend 1.6X more, purchase 65% more items and have a higher likelihood of repeat bidding in sales from auction houses they follow.
A dedicated follower alert is a cost-effective way to get your sale in front of your most engaged bidders. Your cover lots, along with six lots of your choosing will be featured in your exclusive email. This is a great marketing option if you want to encourage returning bidders to participate in your auction. As with all our email advertising products, you can view campaign reporting for Dedicated Follower Alerts directly from your dashboard.
Example of a Dedicated Follower Alert email:
How do Dedicated Follower Alerts work?
Your three cover lots, along with six additional lots of your choosing, will be featured in a dedicated email sent to bidders who follow you on LiveAuctioneers. You can choose to send Dedicated Follower Alerts upon auction proofing, or after your catalog has already been published.
As a best practice, it is recommended to send no more than one Dedicated Follower Alert every six hours, as frequent sends can result in higher-than-average unfollows and unsubscribes. Bidders who have unsubscribed, or with bounced email addresses, will not be sent the Dedicated Follower Alert email.
To send a Dedicated Follower Alert after your auction has already been published:
- Visit the Marketing tab of the auctioneer dashboard.
- Click 'Launch Campaign' and choose your auction from the drop down in the modal.
- Select ‘Set Up’ next to the Featured Lots option. You’ll be prompted to choose your 3 cover lots before proceeding to the Dedicated Follower Alert step, where you can select your 6 additional lots.
- Complete Checkout, and your email will be on its way to your followers!
To send a Dedicated Follower Alert as soon as your catalog is online:
- Proceed with setting up your auction.
- After your lot images are uploaded, select ‘Set Up’ next to the Featured Lots option. You’ll be prompted to choose your 3 cover lots before proceeding to the Dedicated Follower Alert step, where you can select your 6 additional lots.
- Complete Checkout and proceed to proof your catalog. Once your auction is approved, your email will be on its way to your followers!
Campaign reports can be accessed from the Marketing tab of the auctioneer dashboard, example:
Who can use Dedicated Follower Alerts?
Most auction house partners with follower counts of 500 or more are eligible to use this advertising option. If you do not see this option available during auction setup and would like to request access, please contact your Account Manager.
How much does it cost?
Pricing is based on follower volume, and is as follows:
|No. of Followers||Price per Follower|
|500 - 4,999||$0.08|
|5,000 - 9,999||$0.07|
|10,000 and above|| $0.06
When are Dedicated Follower Alerts sent?
Dedicated Follower Alerts are sent within 15 minutes following auction proofing. If your catalog is already published, they will be sent upon checkout.
Where can I see the results of my Dedicated Follower Alert email?
Campaign reports can be accessed from the Marketing tab of the auctioneer dashboard. For more information about campaign reporting, click here.
Why is my Delivered count less than my Follower count?
Bidders who have unsubscribed, or who have bounced email addresses, will not be sent the Dedicated Follower Alert email. As a result, final email delivery counts may differ from follower counts at time of send.