How to Run the LiveConsole for Clerks
Next, we will navigate to access the clerking console.
Once you login you should be on your home screen. If your screen does not look like the screenshot below please click on the Home tab on the left.
- On the right-hand side of the screen, under “Upcoming Auctions,” you will see a red bar with your upcoming auctions.
- Once you have clicked on the auction date, you will be on the Catalog Details screen.
- On the left, you will see the LiveConsole tab.
- Click on the LiveConsole tab, and then on the Clerk button.
****Please note the clerk console is only available 15 – 20 mins prior to the auction starting. You may need to refresh the page if you logged in before this time frame****
Once you have clicked on the CLERK button you should see the clerk console pop as the image below.
***If this console does not appear or is just a blank box, you may need to update or enable your Adobe Flash plug-in***
In order to update your Adobe Flash plug-in please go to https://get3.adobe.com/flashplayer/update/plugin/
Once updated go back to the previous screen where you see the LiveConsole tab, and click on the “Clerk Sale” button.
Now the console above should appear.
Prior to starting the auction, you will see “Auction Settings”. Here you will be able to customize 3 buttons with messages you want to send to your online bidders.
Under the Name column, you will name the button and in the Message Text column you will type the message text
i.e. Fair Warning = Fair Warning… This lot is about to close
If at any time you need to send a different message outside of these buttons, this can be done after the auction has started and will be covered below.
Below the buttons, there are “Auto Accept Bids” and “Keyboard Shortcuts”
“Auto Accept Bids” is for the system to automatically accept all internet bids from LiveAuctioneers platform.
***Please note this feature should be only used for online auctions only****
“Keyboard Shortcuts” In order to use “keyboard shortcuts” you will need a full keyboard with a number pad is required. ‘+’ Accepts competing bid; ‘-‘ Accepts Internet Bid; ‘Enter’ Closes lot.
Click the start button to begin the auction.
Now, let us go over the features of the seller console.
- Auction status
- Current lot number *can be used to move forward in the sale and back (assuming you have clicked the 'unsold' button on a lot)*
- Lot title
- Lot image
- Lot description
- Lot low estimate and high estimate
- Upcoming lot list
- Auction settings *where buttons were created previously*
- Bid history for the current lot
- Total number of online LiveAuctioneer bidders *please note this pulls from our classic site ONLY*
- Auction information displays bid activity and messages sent from the clerk.
- Message field to type in custom messages to bidders. Will also display Paddle number of winning bidders
- 3 custom message buttons.
- Current bid increment *can be manually adjusted during sale*
- Current ask price a. double click to manually change asking price. After typing an amount, press Enter on your keyboard to change the asking price or press the competing bid button to jump the bid.
- Action keys
- Bid buttons
Here is a helpful video guide:
If you have an emergency during your live auction and need assistance we have an emergency line that you can call for immediate assistance.
Within the USA 888 600 2437 Dial (6) Emergency help during the live auction.
Outside USA: +001 646 429 1992 Dial (6) Emergency help during the live auction.
For all other non-emergency inquiries please call 888-600-2437 dial (2) or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org