How to Categorize Your Items
If you have not published your catalog, take advantage of our Category Codes Spreadsheet . Using these codes will help your bidders narrow down their searches. Please note, to take full advantage of this, insert a new column into your spreadsheet and title them as you see below:
- Enter an (1) ID to categorize the item's Category. Category codes can be found can be found here.
- Enter up to two (2) IDs to categorize the item's Origin(s). Separate multiple IDs with spaces. Origin codes can be found here.
- Style & Period
- Enter up to two (2) IDs to categorize the item's Style & Period(s). Style & Period codes can be found here.
- Enter up to three (3) IDs to categorize the item's Creator(s). Separate multiple IDs with spaces. Creator codes can be found here on the Category Codes Spreadsheet.
- Materials & Techniques
- Enter up to eight (8) IDs to categorize the item's Materials & Techniques. Separate multiple IDs with spaces. Material & Techniques codes can be found here.
For example, here is a lot that has utilized all the columns:
If your catalog has been published onto LiveAuctioneers, you can still categorize either individually, or in bulk. To (individually) categorize an item, you will need to your "All Items" tab and click "Edit Categories". Doing so will bring you to a page where you are able to select the appropriate categories you would like to select for the lot.
-You can also categorize your items in bulk. If you are bulk categorizing your lots, please note:
- Be sure to select the lots (using the checkmark boxes to the left) before you select the correct category...
- ...however if you want to bulk categorize many/all items on your catalog, make sure you select the appropriate view count as lots are bulk updated based on how many lots are visible on that page. In the example below, the view count is set to 20, which means only 20 lots will be updated.
- Once all necessary fields have been entered, be sure to press "Apply" to ensure the categorization is saved.