How to Invoice Bidders
Step 1: EOA Check
- Lot sold to a floor bidder but was clerked to the Internet
- Lot sold to an internet bidder but was clerked to the floor
- Incorrect hammer prices
- Sold item to an Internet bidder but the item is unavailable
Step 2: Preparing Invoices
- Set tax (for houses not collecting through LivePayments or outside the US)
- Shipping Options
- LivePayments: This option should already have been selected at the time of sale upload, but if you notice the correct option is not selected please contact email@example.com
- Carbon Copy: Send a hard copy of each invoice to an email address of your choice
Your invoice message will appear on the bottom of the invoice that is emailed directly to your buyers. Keep this succinct and only include the most important payment and shipping information:
- Whether you have a payment deadline
- What types of payment you accept (if you are not using LivePayments)
- The best way to complete payment (if you use LivePayments, please reference our Guidelines & Best Practices)
- Shipping and pickup information
You will be able to update and edit your invoice message during the auction setup process, while your catalog is online, and post auction. Your Invoice Message can be found in your auctioneer dashboard under your auction > Auction Details > Policies.
Write clear instructions to the buyer about how to complete payment. This message will appear in the Payment Details section on every invoice. This is a simple text field and only accepts simple HTML tags such as <b>, <center>, <br>, <p>
Step 3: Creating Invoices
Step 4: Sending Invoices*
Once you are happy with your invoice(s) you have two ways in which you can send them to bidders. The first being individually, you will click on the respective invoice and then click Send Invoice at the bottom.
You also can send invoices in bulk by clicking Send Mailbag.
Step 5: Adding Payments
If you’re on the latest version of Invoices:
To mark an invoice as being paid in full, use the Paid checkbox near the top left corner of the invoice.To record a partial payment, enter the paid amount in the Payment Received field, and click “Add”. For sales enabled with LivePayments, once a payment has been manually entered on the Invoice, the remaining balance cannot be paid via LiveAuctioneers checkout.
You can resend all unpaid invoices either individually or through the mailbag. To send them individually, you will click on the respective invoice and then click Send Invoice at the bottom. The history of when the invoice was sent will show under the Invoice History.
You can also resend all unpaid invoices in bulk from the invoice list page by clicking the Put Unpaid in Mailbag and hitting Send Mailbag!
The bidder will receive their invoice via email and will be able to take direct action from it.
If you’re using the classic version of Invoices, the Invoice Email to the bidder will look like:
If you’re on the latest version of Invoices, the Invoice Email to the bidder will look like: